Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Cut Ups

I got looking back through some of my old images this morning, while procrastinating calling clients.

I came across a series I did for a local magazine. There were eight or ten products in all, photographed in pieces, printed out and taped together.

It got me thinking about where I had started in this business and where I was going. Like so many photographers who have been weaned off film for digital, I thought about techniques that we had used in the past but were no big thing now.

It will be very interesting to look back in ten years at what we think of as cool now.

What will be out? What will be in? What defines retro then?

Somedays, I miss film. But, most of the time I don't.

Does that mean I spend most of my time looking ahead? What about today?


Images ©Matthew McKee
Model: Julie Gilmartin
Makeup: Cynthia Murphy
Jacket by Harley Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment

sponsor