Sunday, February 11, 2007

Moments of Surreal

Sometimes, an image just appears in front of me. It becomes one of those moments that I may use as a visual guide for a later image or a reminder of an image I may have created years ago and still like.

In this particular instance, my family and I took a trip to the New England Aquarium. Just another family adventure. On a lower floor somewhere, one of the tank exhibits was being changed. There were no signs, no notices or anything. Just two sets of legs standing in an empty tank.

Whoever the legs belonged to, they must have been having an indepth conversation. They stood completely still for long enough for me to take several exposures, including this one with my oldest checking out the "behind the scenes" view.

Several people walked by with one of two reactions. They either noticed me with my camera aimed at the empty tank and hurried through or they stopped at the tank and looked at the card over the top of the exhibit, as if trying to find which fish silouette the legs represented.

Ironically, a sketch book of mine from a couple of years back has several similar ideas that I have never produced. Maybe it is time to dust off those ideas and bring them to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

sponsor