Sunday, September 16, 2007

Way I See It...


A few years ago, I started a folder of images that I had created that didn't really fit with my other portfolios.

They were images that hit me as soon as I clicked the shutter. They appealed to me on an iconic level, rather than on a more literal one.

The images are created during client projects and personal photo safaris. They are those moments when I feel I have reached the very spirit of the photograph. They are the moments when I realize that the only audience I am creating for is myself.

Most of the images I create have a different audience in my mind. To be sure, I am creating images that I think are appealing or attractive. However, I am creating them for a client, or more specifically, a client's projected audience. I love that challenge of figuring out what they might be thinking, how they might be thinking it and anticipating how they would react to the project we are working on.

But the images in this folder, many of which were created on commercial projects, go beyond this audience.

They are my personal collection of the golden moment. And, like any perfectionist, my collection grows only very slowly.

Of course, not all of the images in the folder appeal to everyone. Perception is personal and individual. And, it is everything.

The name of the folder is "Way I See It".

This image was created at Mt Washington's Cog Railroad, in New Hampshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sponsor