Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

unlockmyheart.jpg

To a certain extent, I feel like Linus, in the Charlie Brown Christmas, except for Valentine's Day. It's all a big racket set up by a conglomerate, back east.

Valentine's day is so commercial that it, more than occasionally, borders on the ridiculous.

Until you drill down to the heart (no pun intended) of the celebration and remember what it is all about. Then, it can become sublime.

This morning, I was sitting at the breakfast table, reading my morning blogs with the boys and came across Scott Kelby's wonderful web comic, pvpoline.com. (Who me? Read comics? Nah! Never! Childish pap!... er...)

His blog entry about his father explaining to a young Kelby that he was no longer in love with his mother, that it had actually moved beyond love to something so much more, really resonated with me. I can remember a similar situation with my father.

The image above was created a few years ago as a Valentine's Day card for my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sponsor