Friday, February 22, 2008

Marketing Concepts Over Breakfast or My Favorite Morning Reads

SimRacingPoster.jpg

Each morning, my boys and I sit at the breakfast table and talk about the coming day (if I have had enough coffee) or listen to the latest tunes my eight year old had found on iTunes (if I have had enough coffee). My wife leaves earlier than we do so we have the house to our selves.

While waiting for the school bus, I surf through a variety of blogs to help spark my brain and maybe give me inspiration for the day.

Here are a few favorites of mine:

www.sinfest.net No, it isn't dirty. It is Tatsuya Ishida's cartoon about pop culture. It is an easy read and helps me get started.

http://www.pvponline.com/ Another web cartoon that features characters about my age (or so I imagine). One of them is a mac-lovin', slacker type. Another is a troll.

http://sethgodin.typepad.com/ If you don't know who Seth Godin is, then you probably don't do much marketing. Love or hate his ideas, they certainly can make you think. And, he is not shy about sharing ideas.

http://blog.guykawasaki.com/ As a mac guy, how could I not like Guy. As a student of marketing, he is a must read. Think different, Dude.

Advertising/Design Goodness Sort of a Lurzner's Archive for the internet. Inspiration and clever advertising.

Heartstorming Ian Summer's blog about creativity. What Seth and Guy do for (to) me with marketing, Ian does with creativity.

The image above is a sandwich of two images I captured in New Hampshire. The poster was created for a software company working on a virtual racing simulator. The marketing director really liked the image but the powers that be went in a different direction, orphaning the project.

Ah, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sponsor